Flipgrid is a superb video dialogue platform that lecturers can use to empower college students voice and increase their inventive pondering. The way in which Flipgrid works is straightforward: lecturers create Teams for his or her class (a Group is a shared digital house), then invite college students to hitch. In Teams, lecturers add Subjects that are dialogue prompts that college students reply to utilizing brief movies recorded by Fliprid digicam.
Creating movies on Flipgrid is each enjoyable and interesting. College students don’t solely file movies but in addition apply varied modifying options, results, and annotations to make their movies far more expressive. As an example, college students can add to their recorded movies issues resembling textual content, drawings, photographs, sticky notes, GIFs, emojis, and extra.
In addition to empowering college students voice, Flipgrid will also be utilized in varied studying actions together with in digital storytelling, creating and sharing evaluations of digital content material, in language studying, and lots of many extra.
1- Create a Flipgrid Group to your class
As a trainer, you possibly can can create a Group to your class and invite college students to hitch. The Group is the shared house the place your college students get to work together, study, and share video responses. To create a Group:
> Log in to your Flipgrid account and click on on ‘+Group”
> Present a reputation to your Group
> Arrange how members can be a part of your Group:
- E mail and college area: solely these with accepted emails can be a part of
- Google Classroom: Import Google Classroom roster and permit college students to simply entry your Group utilizing their Google Classroom account.
- Username: Assign college students particular usernames and use these usernames to ask them to hitch the Group.
2- Share your Group with college students
As soon as the Group is created you possibly can then use the generated be a part of code or hyperlink to ask college students to hitch your Group. There are quite a few methods to share your Group hyperlink: by way of e mail, share to Google Classroom or Remind, submit it to Twitter, embed it on-line utilizing an embed code, or you possibly can share it as a QR Code that college students can scan on their gadgets.
3- Create Subjects
Subjects are dialogue prompts to interact college students in Group discussions. Subjects take totally different varieties: you need to use textual content, video, or select a ready-to-go Subject from Flipgrid’s Discovery Library. So as to add a Subject to your class Group, click on on “+Subject” and add the next particulars: title and outline of your Subject, add media which will be a picture, a recorded video (most recording time 10 minutes), emoji, an uploaded video, a YouTube or Vimeo video; or you possibly can insert media from Adobe Spark or Buncee, and/or add attachment hyperlinks.
You can too customise the settings of your Subject the way in which you need. You’ll be able to change the Subject standing (e.g., energetic, video solely, or hidden), set the recording time of video responses, activate/off moderations of movies and feedback, and select caption language.
You can too edit the settings of responses. As an example, you possibly can select whether or not college students’ video responses can have attachment hyperlinks or not, permit likes, show view rely, and permit obtain and share. Likewise, you possibly can management the settings of Flipgrid’s digicam.
As an example, choose whether or not you need to help Necessities (e.g. textual content, drawing, photographs, stickers, frames, and boards), Sticky notes (permit sticky notes when recording), and Expressions (e.g., lenses, filters, GIFs and backdrops). As soon as you might be achieved, it can save you your new settings because the default settings so that you just would not have to create new settings every time you need to add a Subject. To take action, merely click on on ‘Save modifications to my default settings’.
Now that you just created a Subject, college students will now be capable to reply to the Subject utilizing brief movies recorded by Flipgrid digicam, and in accordance with the settings you will have chosen whenever you created the Subject.
Recording video responses utilizing Flipgrid Digicam
Flipgrid’s digicam is provided with tons of enjoyable and inventive instruments together with immersive lenses, enjoyable backdrops, GIFs, and lots of extra. A few of the video modifying options it affords embody:
- Add clip: college students can add clips so as to add to their Flipgrid recordings.
- Mic solely: College students can file their responses utilizing solely audio.
- Mirror video: “Flip the digicam – that is useful for displaying books and textual content that seem backwards.”
- Document display: This characteristic works solely on Edge and Chrome and permits college students to share their display. That is particularly useful when sharing shows and digital content material.
- Filters: Apply varied enjoyable filters to the digicam resembling rainbow, pixel, black and white and lots of extra.
- Textual content: Annotate your recording with textual content .
- Board: Showcase your concepts utilizing totally different boards together with a whiteboard, chalkboard, graph paper and extra.
- Stickers and GIFs: Use Flipgrid’s library so as to add emojis and GIFs to recorded movies.
- Backdrops: “With backdrops, you will have extra management over what you want to share, and you’ll focus the viewer’s consideration on what you are saying and doing, not what is going on behind you!”
- Music: College students can add music tracks straight from throughout the Flipgrid app.
You can too browse trending Subjects and Subjects created by Flipgrid’s companions. A few of these companions embody Adobe for Schooling, Buncee, BBC Studying, Discovery Schooling, Epic, Genially, LEGO Schooling, Made by Dyslexia, Nearpod, Pulitzer Middle Schooling, and lots of extra.
|(Picture credit score: Flipgrid)|
Featured collections is a bit the place you will discover Subjects aggregated by theme. As an example, there are collections on indigenous heritage month, coding and laptop science, digital citizenship, psychological well being consciousness, social and emotional studying, and lots of extra.
Alternatively, you may as well use Flipgrid’s search performance to seek for particular Subjects. You’ll be able to filter your search by topic and group. As soon as you discover the Subject you have an interest in click on on ‘+add Subject’ and select whether or not you need to add it to an current Group, create a brand new Group so as to add it to, or reserve it for later. Every Subject comes with detailed directions and questions to interact customers and spark significant discussions.