Amazon and Superplastic have introduced a brand new collaboration which features a $20 million collection A extension funding spherical for Superplastic and a first-look cope with Amazon Studios.
- As a part of the first-look deal, Amazon Studios is growing an animated comedy collection titled The Janky & Guggimon Present, that includes the 2 common Superplastic characters.
- Present synopsis: The Janky & Guggimon Present follows the adventures of two lazy and spectacularly incompetent greatest mates who’re hell-bent on getting wealthy and well-known however go away a path of chaos and destruction of their wake. The endearing duo contains Janky, the loveable fool who spends his spare time scamming celebrities, and Guggimon, a vogue icon and grasp manipulator who’s too narcissistic to care.
- Superplastic refers back to the characters as “artificial celebrities” and has managed to show Janky and Guggimon into bona fide social media influencers. Janky has 1 million Instagram followers and Guggimon has 1.5 million.
- Amazon’s Alexa Fund, a enterprise capital group targeted on digital expertise, led the $20 million Collection A fundraising marketing campaign for Superplastic. Traders embody Craft Ventures, Google Ventures, Galaxy Digital, Kering, Sony Japan, Scribble Ventures, Kakao, Animoca Manufacturers, Day One Ventures, and Betaworks.
- Stated Paul Bernard, director of Amazon’s Alexa Fund: “As we broaden the Alexa Fund to deal with a wider vary of shopper applied sciences that embody ambient computing, sensible units, and the way forward for leisure, we’re very excited so as to add Superplastic to our portfolio. Superplastic’s digital celebrities delight audiences and meet their clients the place they’re, and we see them as demonstrative of a brand new class of IP that’s going to be more and more related with youthful generations.”